Many things have happened since my last post in 2012. There were so many potential posts, that I wanted to write, but I had a few too many items on my plate which meant that this blog had to sleep for a while. However now that I'm back and things are up and running, I thought I'd go back to where I left off.
 |
| This is a snapshot of time-travel, at a rate of 1 second per second, captured over 5 seconds |
This next part is something I like to call speed posting. Kinda like speed dating, in that you don't get the full picture - some you'll want more of, some you're glad it's only quick. I might end the analogy there before things get weird. 3... 2... 1... BLOG:
- Disney buys Lucasfilm: announces Episode VII - Good move for the future of Lucasfilm, 200% excited for the movies
- Big Day Out 2013 - Chili Peppers YEAH! (Killers were awesome too), also BOOBIES!
- Flying lesson #2 - Got to take off, did a perfect circle and flew into the plane's wake, flying is AWESOME
- Disney on Ice: Princesses and Heroes - A musical performance consisting of various songs from a variety of Disney movies. I felt like a real princess!
- Bernard Fanning: Departures + Tour - Great to hear some new material following the breakup of Powderfinger, I CAUGHT A GUITAR PICK (Kate-Lyn actually caught it and gave it to me, still counts!)
- Engineering Ball - It's a ball! Fancy clothes and open bar!
- Tough Mudder - Once again dressed as Batman, this time with a Go Pro (corrupted footage though...), great challenge and lots of fun
- Pearl Jam: Lightning Bolt - Solid album, still waiting for that tour (missed BDO 2014)
- Submitted my engineering thesis - My model looked like a Mario pipe, got a 6 (84.2%)
 |
| CFD meets Gaming |
- Matthew Reilly: The Tournament - Very interesting book, a detour from his normal modern action thrillers but still very fast paced, and a free prequel!
- Muse live - Awesome as ever, nearly caught Chris' harmonica and Dom's drumstick, did catch 20 Musos during animals, had a girl try to hit on me, who after being turned down, I heard trying to pick up another guy using a different name
- Celebrated 5 years with my girlfriend, Kate-Lyn - 5 years is a long time to hold hands, also same night as Muse so that was fun,
- Nutcracker - My first ballet, not performing, watching
- Did a suicide shot for NYE - Then did a 2nd one for my mate's birthday (same day), one is bad enough, wouldn't recommend two (FYI: shot the tequila, snort the salt, squirt lemon in your eye)
- New Zealand trip - The Hobbit and bungee jumping and snow in summer and 3 amazing weeks which you can read all about on Kate-Lyn's blog (she's a bit behind). Fun fact, the first picture is one I took from Sky Tower in Aukland)
- Eddie Vedder live - Really good performance, with covers, classic PJ songs, a guest appearance from Tom Morello, and plenty of banter and audience interaction. Went well overtime and we missed all the buses and trains for the night, but totes worth it!
- One Man Show - Stage show featuring Andrew and Chris from the Chaser, my laughs for the year
- NIN/QOTSA - Genius combination for a double headline act, NIN were first and I felt so out of place, (it was like a hardcore rave) but really good performance, followed by QOTSA who absolutely rocked it
- 3rd Dan in Taekwondo - I have a particular set of skills
.jpg) |
| This should get me a place in the next Super Smash Bros. game |
- Graduated - Finally, I am now officially an engineer, any takers? Boeing? NASA? Virgin?
- Mythbusters live - Slow-mo and science and physics on stage, I may do a full post on this as it was little more than a week ago, alas it was very interesting ("alas" makes me sound fancy, like Dumbledore)
Which brings us to now. There's definitely some things I left out, and I do wish I could've written a full post for all these entries. But at least I'm up-to-date now. Posts will be on an irregular schedule, but I'll keep them frequent enough, just really depends on the happenings in my life and around the world. Don't forget to check out the recently launched
WETS! which updates weekly.
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment